Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Ok so I ordered a Ryzen5-2600 (no integrated graphics) and should have ordered the  Ryzen5-2400G.  My question is with it run a 5-3400G?!?? 

HP Recommended

Ok..  so I’m a dunce..  I went and ordered the Ryzen 5 2600  when I should have ordered the 5 2400G(integrated graphics) ...  question..  I keep seeing the 5 3400G...  would this work as well or should I go with the 2400G?!??

HP Recommended

@AJY0801, no, the Ryzen 5 3400G will not work in your motherboard.  If you absolutely want Integrated Graphics, the 2400G will be fine: https://www.amd.com/en/products/apu/amd-ryzen-5-2400g  

It only has 4 cores and 8 threads, however.  The 2600 has no Integrated Graphics, but it has 6 cores and 12 threads: https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-5-2600

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Ok..  welp the one I ordered is going back when it gets here and now I’m hunting for A decent priced 2400G..  thank you.. your awesome!!

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @AJY0801!  Always glad to help.

HP Recommended

Ok..  well I finally had the time this weekend to do the install.  My only issues I ran into was having an m3 screw to fasten the ssd in - snatched one out of an old laptop I had lying around. And the Ryzen 3 came with a heat sink and fan.. the wraith stealth cooler..  the heat sink didn’t match the mounts on the mother board. So I removed the AMD shroud (it was just snapped on and appeared to be mostly for aesthetics)  from the fan and was able to swap fans on the heat sinks..  worked fine ..  got it all put back together and seems to be working fine..  had to get my go to tech guy - my 28yo son - to help me get it to recognize the SSD so I could clone my HD to it..  got that done and repartitioned HD for usable space. It seems to be chugging along fine..  should get me by until I can afford to a build from scratch. 

HP Recommended

@AJY0801, I am glad that you got the new SSD installed without too many problems.  It wouldn't be technology if we didn't have a problem or two. 😉  This is why I spent so much time learning to troubleshoot in my early days with computers.  I knew it would save me money over time.  Enjoy!!

HP Recommended

Ok..  so it’s been about a month..  all is running well..  curious if you could recommend a gpu that would 1. Fit in this small case and 2. Not kill my 180w power supply and have 2 HDMI connectors??!?  

HP Recommended

After checking for the M2 slot I noticed from all pic's that there is a screw down on the end of the card - I don't have that. Is there something I'm missing?

HP Recommended

@LightvsDarkness, your best option would be to contact a local computer shop; maybe BestBuy.  They sell and repair a lot of HP computer.  The screws used to secure the M.2, SSD's are universal in most computers.  The computer shops should have no problem providing you with one.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.