cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Rigglets
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Can I have 32gb of ram?

HP Recommended
HP 580-023W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I currently have 16gb of ram DDR4-2400. Was wondering if I could upgrade it even more to 32gb? Keep in Mind, I upgraded the PSU to 850W, now has a GTX 1080 8gb MSI Duke, and as well as 2 SATA SSD added (250gb/500gb).  I noticed windows 10 64bit can support up to 128gb of ram. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
141,522 65,086 22,094 34,016
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the Crucial memory report you can.

Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | hp - compaq | pavilion power desktop series | Pavilion Power 580-023w | ...

HP indicates the max is 2 x 8 GB, but the Crucial report is almost always right.

HP Pavilion Power 580-023w Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

I have a Dell PC with an Intel 7th gen core processor and I have 16 GB memory chips installed in two of the 4 memory slots.

The other two slots have 8 GB each.

So, I believe that your PC's two memory slots will each support 16 GB of memory.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
141,522 65,086 22,094 34,016
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the Crucial memory report you can.

Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | hp - compaq | pavilion power desktop series | Pavilion Power 580-023w | ...

HP indicates the max is 2 x 8 GB, but the Crucial report is almost always right.

HP Pavilion Power 580-023w Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

I have a Dell PC with an Intel 7th gen core processor and I have 16 GB memory chips installed in two of the 4 memory slots.

The other two slots have 8 GB each.

So, I believe that your PC's two memory slots will each support 16 GB of memory.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation