Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One - 22-b022 (Touch)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I own a HP All-in-One 22-b022 (Touch) desktop and I've been working from home the past year and at the same time, I am running a small home based business. When I had purchased this HP desktop 22-b022 back in 2018, it came with 16GB RAM and I am trying to find out how I can increase the RAM to 32GB or more and does anyone know the exact HP part numbers of the memory chips that I have to purchase and I can install them myself in my HP All-in-One 22-b022 desktop....? I really appreciate your professional help and assistance on this. Thank you again.

P.S. If anyone can answer this question it would be helpful. Windows 11 is coming out soon and I want to upgrade my HP desktop 22-b022 from Windows 10 Home to Windows 11 and I downloaded the Microsoft utility to see of my HP desktop can use Windows 11 and after running the Microsoft utility, it informed me my HP desktop 22-b022 can't run Windows 11 and is there any work around this problem and issue...? Thank you again.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the memory upgrade info on your PC's support page, you are already at the max of 2 x 8 GB of DDR3L memory.

HP All-in-One - 22-b022 (Touch) (ENERGY STAR) PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

2 memory slots, each slot can take an 8 GB memory chip.

Windows 11...Your PC's processor does not meet the requirements to run W11.

What this means is that when Microsoft releases W11 to the public your PC will not get notified of the upgrade via Windows Update.

You would have to install W11 from an ISO file and run it in an 'unsupported state.'

We have until October of 2025 to use W10 in a supported state, and I am willing to bet that after W11 has been out a few months, there will be YouTube videos out there informing us on how we can run W11 on almost any PC that could run W10.

So, stay tuned.

Keep this website handy for updates on W11...

Windows 11 Latest News - Windows Latest

I'm running W11 on an unsupported PC right now that only has an Intel 2nd gen core processor.   Works fine.

HP Recommended

Sir,

I sincerely appreciate you responding and providing me accurate information to the questions I had asked. I really wanted to upgrade the memory on my HP desktop but after reading your response I guess I am out of luck.

In regards to Windows 11, it figures my HP desktop does not meet the requirements to run a supported version of Windows 11. All I can say that is, "Thanks HP".

Not to go off the subject, but a couple of months ago I went out and I purchased a brand new Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max and I had paid a lot of money for it. The other day I received an email from Apple that the new Apple iPhone 13 is coming out soon.

If Apple actually thinks that I am going to go out and purchase the new Apple iPhone 13 they have another thing coming. It's ridiculous in my opinion, why they keep coming out with so many new versions of the iPhone in such a short period of time and they must think that the general public is loaded with money. I had happened to look into the trade in value of my new Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max and it's worth half of what I had originally paid for it.

It looks like if I want to be able to run a supported version of Windows 11, I will have to reach in and purchase a new HP desktop that will have the configurations and requirements in order to use Windows 11.

As always, I sincerely appreciate all of your professional time and assistance. Thank you again.

Oh, I happened to email the White House with my current HP problem and this was the response that I had received back.

😂

Lost in Space.Lost in Space.

C'mon, man...!C'mon, man...!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.