Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN 880-102ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey I would like to know if I can install Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 DRAM 3600MHz C18  (2x16GB) in my PC: OMEN by HP 880-102NG-Desktop PC

According to this Description I can only install 4 and 8 GB DIMMs.

But also according to this post I can install up to 64GB so (2x32 or 4x16GB) https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Max-RAM-for-OMEN-880-tampa2-mot...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The Crucial memory report for your PC, which has the Tampa2 motherboard indicates that 64 GB of memory is supported.

I wouldn't know why HP set the limit at 8 GB per slot.

That can't be right.

PC's with the 6th gen Skylake processors that have 4 memory slots can support 64 GB of memory.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the Crucial memory report for your PC, you can install up to 4 x 16 GB of memory.

Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | hp - compaq | hp omen 880 series | OMEN 880-102ng | Crucial.com

Your PC's processor and chipset support that capacity.

Intel® Core™ i7-8700K Processor (12M Cache, up to 4.70 GHz) Product Specifications

HP Recommended

But does the Mainboard "Tampa2" also support the 2x16GB (https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05953720/)

HP Recommended

The Crucial memory report for your PC, which has the Tampa2 motherboard indicates that 64 GB of memory is supported.

I wouldn't know why HP set the limit at 8 GB per slot.

That can't be right.

PC's with the 6th gen Skylake processors that have 4 memory slots can support 64 GB of memory.

HP Recommended

OK, Thank You 😀

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

There is one thing that folks with the gaming PC's note and that is sometimes the aftermarket memory doesn't run at the full MHz speed because you can't change the XMP profile in the BIOS.

For example, the HP memory should be running at 2666 MHz.

But when folks install memory that did not come from HP, it only runs at 2400 MHz and sometimes even 2100 MHz.

See this discussion...

Seriously HP, why?!? Its a simple memory upgrade. - HP Support Community - 7722210

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.