Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP M01-F1124

Hi, I'm looking to buy the HP M01-F1124 Desktop PC with an  AMD Ryzen 5 processor, 12 GB of RAM, and 1 TB of disk space. I read the product specifications and it said that a disc drive was not included, even though there is a large slot on the tower for what looks like an optical drive. Is it possible for me to purchase an optical drive for the computer separately?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Have you considered an external optical-drive, that connects to a USB port, and has its own power-supply ?

HP Recommended

I have, although it would be nice to have an internal optical drive since the computer has what appears to be an empty drive bay. If that's not an option, then I'm welcome to accept an external USB optical drive as a solution.

HP Recommended

I also have considered a n external optical drive but already have so much stuff on my desk their is barely room for the coffee cup.  Is power that limited?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.