Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I discovered that the 2nd DIMM slot is bad, when I attempted to upgrade from 16Gb to 32Gb of RAM.  That effort was discussed in another thread.  During that troubleshooting, it was the first time I had opened the computer case, so the 2nd DIMM slot was likely defective from the factory.  But, my warranty expired a few months ago.  So, I am getting a new LGA1151/Z390 ATX motherboard and case, and I am trying ti find out if I should be able to remove the nVidia RTX 2080 graphics card, the m.2 SSD, 2TB HDD, i7-8700 CPU, and 500w power supply and use in another standard ATX case and motherboard.  I just wanted to find out if any of the main components are not removable, not standard, or if anything might prevent me from using them in the new case and motherboard?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@TSForrest 

Yes given other motherboard supported i7-8700 and RTX2080 (you also need to have enough power PSU).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@TSForrest 

Yes given other motherboard supported i7-8700 and RTX2080 (you also need to have enough power PSU).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.