Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 23
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can I upgrade memory on an HP Pavilion 23-g220t? I have 4Gb. If I can, are there instructions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You are welcome, @RC5545 !

Here is a better guide that should help you.  You should watch the video for very detailed instructions on removing and replacing the memory.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@RC5545 , welcome to the forum.

Here is the Upgrading and Servicing Guide for the computer.  You can scroll down to the section titled "Memory", Pages 13 and 14.  There are directions for upgrading the memory.

Here is the memory that is recommended by Crucial Memory.  You will have to remove the existing 4 GB of memory to upgrade beyond 8 GB.  I suggest contacting Crucial's Tech Support to assure that their memory is compatible with the existing memory if you decide to use the existing 4 GB.  You can determine the manufacturer and timings by using CPU-Z.  This information will be in the "SPD" tab.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your feedback.

However, its all diagrams and I am not sure what they tell me to do. Biggest problem is I'm not sure what the memory 'looks' like; is it the small, wider card or the longer thinner card? I can't seem to find one unique part number.

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @RC5545 !

Here is a better guide that should help you.  You should watch the video for very detailed instructions on removing and replacing the memory.

HP Recommended

Many thanks for the answer. I was better equipped to order and install the correct part.

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @RC5545 !  Glad to help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.