Top Student
7 3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can I upgrade my MS-7906 board with a gtx 1050 ti

Pavilion 500-314
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I came across a  forum that said I could use a gtx 1050 ti for my system to upgrade so I found a EVGA FTC 1050 ti mini 4gb for cheap so I bought it without thinking. I wanted to make sure that it would work for my system.

*(if not compatible, please specify how so and if there is a solution because I would rather not return the gpu if I can make it work )

(P.s. my motherboard has a pcie ×16 ver. 3.0 with plenty room and slots along with a new psu I am going to buy that is a corsair 450 watt)

Also I couldnt find a manual for my pc or motherboard so if anyone can help, thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
9,688 9,602 898 2,613
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can I upgrade my MS-7906 board with a gtx 1050 ti

I see you posted in another thread where the discussion was about doing the same thing.  I would expect the card will work just fine, considering the other thread's discussion.  On Newegg site. it states "300W or greater power supply."  Since you already have a 300w PS, it might work OK as is.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation