Level 1
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Can I upgrade my PC?

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - TG01-0004nj
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The 512gb SSD that comes with the PC isnt enough for me. Im considering purchasing a 2tb HDD for all my games and other needs. I need to know if adding the HDD to my system is possible while keeping the SSD in. Also, are there any compatibility issues I should know about? Do iI need to buy a specific HDD? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
5,776 5,706 625 2,395
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello
sorry the documents for these new models are catastrophic
I think it is possible, because you have an m2 type SSD.
only you will have to open the computer ..
Nothing is indicated on the motherboard, I guess looking at other models you will find examples with HDD ..
There must be sata ports!
only impossible to say, if you with the cable for the power supply, the cable sata data, it is never in place, but it is easy to find!
On the other hand, the one for food could be special
also see if the cage is present, otherwise you will have to buy one to fix the hard drive!

TG01-0004nj Product Specifications

512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD

Caractéristiques de la carte mère Rother
You with this manual, but it may not be enough

Manuel de mise à niveau et d'entretien

[edit] an example

you have the same motherboard there is a hard drive, but this does not certify that your pc is equipped

https://support.hp.com/fr-fr/product/hp-pavilion-gaming-desktop-pc-tg01-0000i/29014479/document/c065...

[edit 2]

i found this, but it might be different for you

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06504786.pdf

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation