Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 27 all-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'd like to know if it is possible to upgrade my graphics card (GeForce 830A) to something with at least 4-6GB dedicated RAM

possibly without updating motherboard and/or power supply, but hey, if that's necessary!

Windows 10 64-bit Version

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790T CPU  2.70GHz 16GB Ram

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 + NVIDIA GeForce 830A (2GB)

Thx in advance

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

hi

i need product number 

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi Promethee,

THe product number is K2D54EA

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Bad news

I don't have the specifications page, but we have at least the motherboard

and unfortunately not possible to replace the graphics card

Discrete NVIDIA N15S-GM graphics chip, integrated onto the motherboard

• Functions as both a discrete integrated GPU and an integrated graphics solution
  • Includes 2 GB DDR3 local frame buffer memory
  • Permanently soldered to the motherboard and is not in card form factor
--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.