Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 15L Gaming Desktop TG02-0325m
Microsoft Windows 11

I recently purchased the Victus by HP 15L Gaming Desktop TG02-0325m that comes with 1 stick of 8gb 3200mhz ram, and I am looking to purchase the Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz DDR4 DRAM Desktop Gaming Memory Kit 16GB: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083TRRT16/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_WK1J6J7DPF7ZM3XNZCCP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 but I have a few questions, will this work straight out of the box at 3200mhz with JEDEC Profiles? If so, will it work at 1.2v or 1.35v? Will it even work at all? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Censor,

My honest opinion: buy the RAM from Amazon and try to get it to work at 3200 MHz using whatever software tools are at your disposal.  If it doesn't work out, consider returning the RAM for a refund.  And maybe try something else.  Like Kingston Hyper X or G.Skill RipJaws.  Kind of like trial and error.

Or just buy the RAM through HP.   Guaranteed to work at 3200 MHz.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Censor,

You mean your PC came with 2 x 4 GB DDR4-3200 MHz RAM sticks for a total of 8 GB RAM according to this link: Victus by HP 15L Gaming Desktop TG02-0325m (59A32AV_1).

In any regards, the Amazon Ballistix 3200 MHz RAM you referenced SHOULD work -emphasis on 'should', as in it might.  Or it might not. At least not at 3200 MHz. Don't be surprised if you get stuck at 2833 MHz max RAM speed.

You see, the feedback I have come across from more than a few Users is that the problem they encountered strongly suggests that HP has somehow managed to carefully 'calibrate' RAM speed based on, well, whether your RAM was purchased through the 'right' channel.  That 'channel' being HP.

Just my penny's worth.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response! Yes I meant 2x4gb sticks my bad. So the ram will work just not at 3200mhz? What if I overlooked it using ryzen master? Would that void my warranty/affect my pc's stability? 

HP Recommended

@Censor,

My honest opinion: buy the RAM from Amazon and try to get it to work at 3200 MHz using whatever software tools are at your disposal.  If it doesn't work out, consider returning the RAM for a refund.  And maybe try something else.  Like Kingston Hyper X or G.Skill RipJaws.  Kind of like trial and error.

Or just buy the RAM through HP.   Guaranteed to work at 3200 MHz.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

I will see what I can do with the Crucial RAM. If the overclocking doesn't work I will just return it and buy straight from hp, Thank you for the help! 

HP Recommended

@Censor,

And no, changing out your RAM to try the Ballistix RAM wouldn't invalidate your warranty.  It will either work at 3200 MHz or it won't.  This try-out wouldn't harm your computer in any way.

Kindly,

NS777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.