Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fast-USDT7
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can I use M2 PCIe 3D NAND or M2 PCIe NVMe on the HP Compaq Elite 8300 Ultra Slim Desktop USDT

HP Compaq Elite 8300 Ultra Slim Desktop USDT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Can I use M2 PCIe 3D NAND or M2 PCIe NVMe in the HP Compaq Elite 8300 Ultra Slim Desktop USDT. I think both of these are Gen3x4 and the MB has a PCIe M2 mini-card socket labeled X1PCIEXP1 which I assume means Express socket with one lane. (not a standard PCIe socket which I've seen reference to M2 adapters). Since all the newer cards have 4 lanes, is there a way to use them, or any M2 PCIe storage cards. I've read much information on this question but never found an definitive answer. Maybe it's buried and I'm blind. Again, this is the USDT not the SFF, which I've seen used interchangeably.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Level 19
Level 19
78,751 78,650 9,691 20,958
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can I use M2 PCIe 3D NAND or M2 PCIe NVMe on the HP Compaq Elite 8300 Ultra Slim Desktop USDT

@Fast-USDT7 

That port is for wireless card or just simply mSATA and M2 PCIe 3D NAND or M2 PCIe NVMe won't work.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Fast-USDT7
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,
Thanks for the fast reply. I didn't mention that the MB also has a mSATA connector. Does this mean mSATA cards could be used in either connector? Does the mSATA connector have more uses than 2012 mfg date? Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to see what this box is capable of.
Thank you.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation