cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LeGionKiller
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Can You Put a GTX 1050 ti LP or 1650 LP in a HP 8300 without upgrading PSU?

HP Recommended
HP 8300 Elite SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi, I am looking into buying a HP 8300 and have seen hundreds of videos on putting a 1050 ti LP in it and actually being able to play games. The pre-installed PSU is a 240W and the 1050 ti is a 75W board with the PCIe slot only providing 35W to the GPU. Many people seem to have got it working by just installing the 1050 ti and it works but I want to know if it will fry the system without a PSU upgrade. I wouldn't be playing heavy games, mainly just CSGO, Valorant, Minecraft, League. Please comment if you know anything. I don't want to waste my money on a burnt system. If it will need a PSU upgrade can anyone find anything that will fit in the HP 8300 system

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation