Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Compaq 8300 microtower
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Would a rx550 work on my pc? It has 320w psu without a 6 pin connector. I'm finding the cheapest I can get or should I get a gtx 750ti?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Mucip , welcome to the forum.

Here is a HP Knowledge Base article that will help you.  Read the information about the BIOS/UEFI carefully.  I am not certain that your workstation has UEFI.  HP began using UEFI in mid-October, 2012.  According to the information that I found on your workstation it was released in 2012, but I don't know exactly what date.  Also, here is the Illustrated Parts and Service Map for the workstation.  Look at the section titled "Other boards" for a list of compatible video cards.

All of the RX 550 cards that I reviewed require a minimum of 400W to operate properly.  Your 320W PSU is not enough.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Am I able to change the psu with this pc?

HP Recommended

@Mucip, HP has their motherboards and other components made to their specifications.  Therefore, the motherboards are not necessarily the same a retail boards.  I believe that your motherboard has a proprietary ATX power connector and not the standard 24-pin.  For this reason, it is difficult to find upgrades for the power supplies.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.