Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 750-115no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey!

Can i change my motherboard and psu too 1000w  on HP Envy 750-115no ?

Coz i need change graphiccard driver and i only got max 300w of power.

Or does The Odense motherboard  support higher psu ?

Manufacturer name: Pegatron

HP/Compaq name: Odense

SSID: 2B47

• uATX
  • Dimensions: 24x24 cm (9.4x9.4 in)

I need help with this 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@TotalEDM, welcome to the forum.

I would be interested in knowing why you want to change your motherboard.  The video slot is PCI Express 3.0 x16.  Therefore, most of the newer video cards will work fine.  The only limitation would be the length of the card and that wouldn't change with the motherboard.  This is determined by the size of the case.  Also, you shouldn't need a 1000W power supply unit (PSU) to run many of the cards that will fit into the case.  I believe the most you would need is 750W.  Even if the card requires 600W to operate properly, this should be enough.

I am not trying to be argumentative, simply want to save you money if possible.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hey, 

The New graphic card is rtx 2070 8 gb and its 11,4 cm high and 26,8 cm on lengh so there is no limits.

Max is 34 cm lengh and 12 cm high that i can use.

Since my gtx 970 4 gb run on 300w max psu but 970 4 gb needs 500w.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information.

If this is the video card that you want to buy, it is 30.9118 cm (12.17") in length and requires 1 x 6-pin and 1 x 8-pin power connectors.  You can find this information in the "Specifications" tab in the link that I provided.  If this is not the card, it would help if you could provide a link to it.  This card requires 550W to operate properly.  The 750W PSU should still work fine.  The computer will only use as much power as is needed to run.  The card itself only needs 175W of power.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

@TotalEDM,

You need to measure the available length inside the chassis to determine what is the max length card you can install.  Try a piece of cardboard the same length.

NOW about the PSU !!!    Your math needs an update.

The existing PSU is 300W, and it is sufficient to operate the GTX 970 card.

A typical GTX 970 draws 145W       TRUE

A typical RTX 2070 draws 175W     TRUE   

Replacing the GTX 970 and installing the RTX 2070 only increased the need of 30W.  Finding a quality PSU in the 350-400W range is difficult.  The max internal length of the PSU should not exceed 5.51"

suggestion: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139210

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

hey,

Rtx 2070 8 gb is same lengh as my gtx 970 4gb. 26 cm..

Aswell gtx 970 4gb needs 500w to run perfect but 145 is minium.

34 cm on lengh and 12 cm high is max that i can still use.

This topic can be closed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.