Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 410 t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Hp pavilion 410 t. I have i7 2nd generation procesor and 6gb of ram. It is running quite slow. What can I do to have a faster pc but is also budget friendly?

Thank you. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hp pavilion 410 t. IS WHAT? a real desktop? 2011? gen 2?

HP Pavilion Elite HPE-410t CTO Desktop PC (NO !?) no gen 2 here so...

the spec page shows it supports gen 5 to 8 intel processors. Intel Core i7-8xx (Lynnfield core)

I guess I found the wrong PC,  as above does not use  any 2nd gen CPU ever.

It is running quite slow ( ran slow new? or only now this old ?) key question and answer on all PC made.

slow now, means most times HDD is old or even bad,  smart testing answers that in  seconds.

upgrade to SSD now  fast. (no ram size stated, 2GB>"?) HDD full? OS corrupted.

no product number told and 410 means little after 20 years. of PC. or more.

It this a  desktop, laptop or AIO pc or is it Compaq old.

410t.jpg

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

Hello
sorry, but a Lynnfield processor, is far from the 5th generation
5th gen is more Broadwell
Intel® Core ™ i7-5850EQ
So it's probably fine
If it is the computer:

https://support.hp.com/sk-en/document/c02532956

To improve it you can therefore follow what is here, if indeed it is this type of computer:

A good facelift for not too expensive, a sata SSD, would indeed be not bad!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.