Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 65XXHP Pavilion Elite HPE-300 Desktop PC series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can my older HP Elite computer w/no USB 3 port work with an external video capture card? The capture card does work with USB 2 but I'm not sure if the USB 2 port on the computer will handle data flow. I am trying to use my Sony RX100 M2 camera as my webcam.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi

please give product number !

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

splareme_0-1587334005655.png

HP Recommended

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-elite-hpe-300-desktop-pc-series/4162190/model/42425...

I may not have understood correctly ..
if you want to use a camera as a webcam, i don't know if it can work like that!
The pc has different ports, although it is not very clear here!
for video acquisition, in general the port 1394 is the most suitable.
but I do not understand if the pc is well equipped

Must select one of the following options:
  • 15-in-1 card reader (Front I/O) + 1 USB + 1394
  • 15-in-1 card reader (Front I/O) + 1 USB + 1394 + Aud L-R + S-Video + Comp Video (with TV tuner)
  • 15-in-1 card reader (Front I/O) + 1 USB + 1394 (includes PCI Express x1 USB 3.0 add on card)
  • 15-in-1 card reader (Front I/O) + 1 USB + 1394 + Aud L-R + S-Video + Comp Video (with TV tuner) (includes PCI Express x1 USB 3.0 add on card)

I don't have too much time to research, the camera can connect with what?
Before buying anything, you should try the simplest.
Otherwise, at the cost that additional equipment may have, the purchase of the simple usb webcam, may be the same.

NB: at the time of writing, I just read the doc on the motherboard and there is normally a 1394 port
to see if possible to connect this camera!

Motherboard Specifications, MS-7613 (Iona-GL8E)

IEEE 1394 port

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.