Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EX920 M.2 1TB
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been searching for a product page for the HP SSD EX920 M.2 1TB drive, but I have yet to find it. Could you please send me a link to the product page or better yet support resources such as drivers and firmware updates? Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I found the product page for the SSD.

It's https://ssdhp.com/nvme/

There is also https://www.multipointe.com/hp-ssd-ex920-m2/

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

What are you trying to do with it?

If you attempting to install WIN 10, you might read this commentary.

Grzwacz seems to have insight.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended
Actually I am having no issue. I've got Win10 & OSX installed on a z370 board will no problems. However I'd feel much more comfortable with this being my OS drive if I was able to find at least a support page. I cant even get a live chat because the serial, model and product name are all not recognized. Also tried on HPE support to no avail. I've noticed responses from HP on some threads in this forum so I was trying my luck here.
HP Recommended

I've called HP Support as well. HP simply doesn't support the EX920 M.2 SSD anymore. I definitely can't depend on them standing by their claimed 5 year warranty. Heck I can't even register for the warranty because the Serial and  Product number can't be found. I'm returning this SSD back to Rakuten. I'm highly disappointed in HP.

HP Recommended

the HP EX920 is a HP OEM "option"  product that is based on a sandisk SSD using custom HP firmware, if you want a longer warranty you need to look at a retail SSD where warranties range from 1 to 5 years in general. 

where you came up with the HP 5 year warranty on this product escapes me (read below for the actual warranty)

firmware updates are made to correct errors found after initial testing, expecting a ssd to have a firmware update implys that you are expecting the ssd you bought to have known bugs that were missed during testing

the fact that HP has not issued any updates on this model shows that no major ssd firmware issues have so far been found (which is actually what you want!!)

this ssd is available from the HP Web store, and is a approved option for these HP models, if you install to a non approved sysem your on your own. also any firmware updates will be listed in the HP models listed below since those are the approved systems for this model ssd

The HP PCIe NVME TLC 256GB SSD M.2 Drive is compatible with the HP ProDesk 400 G3 DM (Mini); HP ProOne 400 G3 AIO Touch; HP ProOne 400 G3 AIO Non-Touch; HP ProDesk 600 G3 MTW; HP ProDesk 600 G3 SFF; HP ProDesk 600 G3 Desktop Mini; HP ProOne 600 G2 AIO 21.5" Touch; HP ProOne 600 G3 AIO 21.5" Non-Touch; HP EliteDesk 800 G3 TWR; HP EliteDesk 800 G3 SFF; HP EliteDesk 800 G3 35W Desktop Mini; HP EliteDesk 800 G3 65W Desktop Mini; HP EliteOne 800 G3 AIO 23.8" NT; HP EliteOne 800 G3 AIO 23.8" Touch; HP EliteOne 1000 G1 AiO

https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-turbo-drive-gen2-256gb-m2-solid-state-drive

but like all SSD products, does not come with a 100% compatability guarantee, while it should work with most systems, it's possible to have a non compatable system

and HP's webpage for this product plainly states:

Return & exchange information

HP.com will accept returns or exchanges for this product up to 30 days after delivery.

and if you click on the "all specs" link you see this:

Your Option Limited Warranty is a one (1) year (HP Option Limited Warranty Period) parts replacement warranty on any HP-branded or Compaq-branded options (HP Options). If your HP Option is installed in an HP Hardware Product, HP may provide warranty service either for the HP Option Limited Warranty Period or the remaining Limited Warranty Period of the HP Hardware Product in which the HP Option is being installed, whichever period is the longer but not to exceed three (3) years from the date you purchased the HP Option.

HP Recommended

In response to @DGroves:

I appreciate you taking the time for your response, but I think some of your statements have incorrect information. The HP EX920 may well be based on another model, but it is most definitely not marketed as an OEM part. A quick Google search shows many enthusiast sites reviewing the SSD as a consumer part, nowhere mentioning that it's intended for system builders. Additionally, viewing the product listing on any major retailer site (for instance, NewEgg) will show that this includes a 3-year parts warrantly. These same listings show a product packaging image that include what is obviously not an OEM box.

Also, if you refer back to my original posting, you'll see that I used the firmware update page as an example of some alternative to what I was originally looking for:  a simple product page on the HP site. I understand that having no announced firmware updates may be a good thing, but without a product page to verify that this is the case, I think you can't verify that's the case.

In general, I think there are several assumptions and suppositions in your comment that you present as fact, and are either misleading or incorrect. In fact, a majority of your post relies on the initial incorrect statement that it is based on a Sandisk SSD and is a OEM part. I would appreciate if you would rework your comment to remove inaccuracies or remove it all together.

HP Recommended

All HP EX920 are supposed to come with 5 year warranty. A google search will show that as well. That's been confirmed by several viewers and there's also an official PDF out there about it. So are you say that's not true? Also you failed to acknowledge my most important question which is why I can't I register for my warranty. Why can't the system find my serial and product number???

And this is why I'm returning this product. You wrote that soliloquy but you still failed to answer a basic question. And HP isn't standing behind their 5 year warranty which is what I was afraid of as well.

HP Recommended

No my post is ENTIRELY accurate. Now here you are talking about it has a 3 year warranty smh. Man nobody has accurate information on this product! And I never mentioned anything about it being a system builder product. What are yo even talking about? I bought this drive as an uprade ro my laptop's drive. That's one the product's target audiences!

HP Recommended

I never said the EX920 is not being sold as a consumer part, 

what i did say, is that the HP EX920 while being offered for sale by many resellers also remains a HP "OPTION" item and is not a true retail item if bought directly from HP, as warranty support in this case may be from the unit the ssd is installed in or the ssd's warranty itself may apply

and i never said the unit did not have a 3 year warranty, i said it was not available with a 5 year warranty however this warrantynow  appears to have been extended to 5 years

here's a review from when it was first released (note the warranty stated)

https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/hp_ex920_1_tb_m_2_ssd_review,22.html

last, HP does not have inhouse foundry capability to design a SSD controller as such they must use a controller from someone else, same for the ram used on a SSD, hp has no ram fabs and must buy ram from elsewhere

The HP SSD EX920 M.2 Series utilizes a cost-effective, high-performance HP PCIe-to NAND controller (HP H8038) to manage a full PCIe Gen 3(8Gb/s) x 4 bandwidth with the host, while managing multiple NAND flash memory devices on 8 channels. The SSD controller basically is a rebranded Silicon Motion SM2262 which has been used in products from Adata, Intel, Micron/Crucial, and SanDisk/Western Digital

HP Recommended

Well I bought it from a reseller so all of that other stuff is irrelevant to me. 

Also I strongly believe you should update your official PDF of this product since your websites says it has a 1 year warranty, it's actually packaging that it came with say it has a 2 year warranty, and finally you are staying it has a 3 year warranty. But guess what? I can't register product to find out the truth anyways. I'm desperately waiting on my RMA info from the reseller. This is a joke! And this is my last post to you because you certainly aren't helping the issue or accurately answering the question.  Oh and official HP support still needs to respond explaining why the product can't be registered. That's insane.

https://ssdhp.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Simplified-Datasheet-for-EX920-M.2_20180705-EN.pdf

HP ex920.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.