Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Compaq Elite 8200 sff i7-2600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I have a problem with upgrade my pc with "Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050Ti, 4GB, Low Profile", when i put card in

PCI Express x16 slot, card begin works, but i get no image if i try connecting with Hdmi/Dp cable, but if i connect Dp/Vga cable to motherboard, then i still can image in monitor. When i try install drivers, i get error that "this graphic driver could not find compatible hardware". Maybe somebody have solution how can i solved this problem? Because on many forums i read that is possible to use this card on these kind PC, also i saw videos where people installed this card. If somebody knows what is the reason, please write here.

Kind regards,

Max
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@dir4ik,

You make mention of others sources, but do not provide any links. Interesting ?

1) The 8200SFF PCIEx16 slot has a max power of 25 W as listed on page 2-3

2) GTX 1050Ti has a max 75W rating.

3) The HP 8200 is circa 2011 chipset, and has an non-upgradeable boot environment called "BIOS".

4) GTX 1050Ti has UEFIvBIOS and is actually not compatible with BIOS.  (see #3). 

You never said it booted to a full desktop.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@dir4ik,

You make mention of others sources, but do not provide any links. Interesting ?

1) The 8200SFF PCIEx16 slot has a max power of 25 W as listed on page 2-3

2) GTX 1050Ti has a max 75W rating.

3) The HP 8200 is circa 2011 chipset, and has an non-upgradeable boot environment called "BIOS".

4) GTX 1050Ti has UEFIvBIOS and is actually not compatible with BIOS.  (see #3). 

You never said it booted to a full desktop.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thank you very much, it's so sad to hear that info. But, how other people can install this graphics card on same pc, it was difference between motherboards?

HP Recommended

@dir4ik,

I am going to ask, IMHO, an expert on those Business machines.

@Paul_Tikkanen , do you have an idea on the GTX 1050Ti and an HP 8200 SFF

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

Hi, @wb2001@dir4ik 

I didn't answer the question this morning because IMHO, it should have worked, despite the low wattage power supply and the low wattage PCIe x16 slot the SFF has.

I say that because I have the CMT version of the 8200 Elite, i7-2600, and the nVidia GT 1030 works just fine in my PC.

Given that fact, I would assume any GT10xx would work that does not need a supplementary power connector.

I have BIOS version 2.28 installed.

But since you asked, I have answered. 

I don't know why it isn't working, unless you have an older BIOS installed than v2.28.

Having an older BIOS version installed might be the only reason I can think of as to why it isn't working properly.

I also assume that you installed the card in the black PCIe x16 slot and not the white PCIe x4 slot, correct?

They look exactly the same (except for the color) and they are right next to each other.

And since you are running W10, do not update the BIOS beyond that version, and update it using the F10 system setup BIOS flashing method, not the windows based flash.

HP Recommended

Hi

With kind regards

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The GT 1030 only draws 30W of power so it should work just fine in the SFF.

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen,

Take to THE MAN with the Golden Star of Business Class Computers

Thanks for your help !

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

I’m definitely no expert, but I’ve seen the videos the OP is speaking of and they specifically use that pc with that gpu. Although I don’t remember the brand GPU (not sure if that has an effect, one brand to another).

Just a thought in the dark...

what if the OP’s power supply (which I’m guessing is a 240watt), is weak and not putting out full rms power. It is 10+ years old after all.

if it was a heavily used machine, the PSU could be on its last leg wattage-wise and saying, “uh-uh” (technical term) to any addition peripherals. Especially trying to over-draw power from it?

Is that a possibility??

thanks, take care

HP Recommended

.... or 1 bent/damaged pin in 16x slot, or bad connector trace on gpu where it goes into 16x slot (not sure what this are called) if OP bought a used gpu...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.