Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I just purchased this desktop and I noticed that it had an HDMI port on the back of the monitor. I connected the HDMI cable from my mini Nintendo gaming console that has all the games pre-loaded into the console. I have tried to locate the HDMI port in the device manager and in the control panel, but I cannot find it. When I power up the console, I don’t see anything under “my computer“ that would indicate where to locate the game screen. Will I be able to connect the console or not?
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You must be sure that the HDMI port on your All-In-One computer is intended for HDMI -In or HDMI-out.

The direction of the HDMI port should be marked on the back of the unit but is surely identified in support document online.

HDMI-in will allow interactions with consoles, camera, and image generating equipment through the HDMI port.

HDMI-out is intended for additional display (another monitor).

Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

hi

" I just purchased this desktop and I noticed "

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support

It does not say what is the model ??
but indeed as indicated, if that does not work it is most certainly an hdmi output, and not an input !!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I'm pretty sure that it's for an additional monitor. That hadn't occurred to me...thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.