Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Compaq Pro 6200 SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I recently upgraded it from a Pentium G620, to an i5 2400. So I want to use the GT 730, and I ordered one. But, I just thought now to ask if that was ok. I'm aware it's not a high end card, but I'm on a budget right now lol

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Wendigo864 , welcome to the forum.

Here is the Maintenance and Service Guide for the computer.  On Page 172 is a list of video cards that have been fully tested to be compatible with the motherboard.  They will have to be low-profile.  The date on the Guide is 2011.  Your computer was either released with Win 7 or Vista.  This means that it most likely has a standard/Legacy BIOS.  The GT 730 requires UEFI in the motherboard.  HP didn't begin using UEFI until mid-October, 2012 with Win 8.  Therefore, the GT 730 is not compatible with your motherboard.  The last series to not require UEFI were the GTX 660/670's.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hi, @Wendigo864 

Your PC does have a UEFI BIOS.

I believe the GT 730 and the GT 1030 will work fine in your model.

I have the 8200 Elite CMT, which uses the exact same BIOS as yours and I have a GT 730 in one of the PC's and a GT 1030 in the other.

They work just fine in my PC's.

HP Recommended

I'm a bit confused, you said I have the right bios, and the other guy said I didn't. Sorry if I sound rude, I'm just a bit confused is all

HP Recommended

hmm ive been using it for a few days, and im not impressed.

its been def better than the stock intel graphics, but meh.

what are some other good cards i can use

HP Recommended

You're limited by the 240W power supply your PC has.

I don't have any recommendations for a better card, which would require more power, and the GT 730 and GT 1030 are already pushing it--especially the GT 730.

The power supply is proprietary and to the best of my knowledge, cannot be upgraded.

HP Recommended

Would I see any performance boosts buying a 1030?

HP Recommended

I would google it.

According to this, the  GT1030 is better.

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GT-1030-vs-Nvidia-GeForce-GT-730/m283726vsm12582

I don't use my PC's for anything more than web surfing, light office productivity, and reading e-mails, so I am not the one to ask.

I only bought the graphics cards just in case I needed more power than the onboard Intel graphics delivers.

Plus they have up to date graphics driver support, and like your 6200 Pro, the 8200 Elite's Intel graphics drivers are ancient history and will never be updated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.