Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy All in One 27-b212na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

At present to invoke any of the function keys I have to hold the fn key down.  This is the wrong way, it should be fn to access the special controls like media speaker etc.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@JohnBarrat The options to change the default settings of the "Fn" key only works on laptops, I'm afraid that doesn't apply for All-in-one desktop PCs,

There are no software or features to make such changes either, you could check with local tech for customizable 3rd party software, however, we don't recommend that, so you may proceed at your own discretion.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So what is the point of selling a Laptop Keyboard with a desktop PC.  Having just purchased this PC direct from HP how can I exchange the included keyboard for one which will enable me to have direct access to the function keys or do I have to invest in a proper keyboard from Logitech?

HP Recommended

@JohnBarrat If you've recently got the device, you can always exchange it with another and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

On some smaller keyboards and laptop computers the F-keys may have a dedicated function such as changing the screen brightness, the volume, or other device-specific functions[edit]

HP Recommended

I asked HP if I could exchange the keyboard for a more suitable one in their range but they refused.

I have since bought a very very nice Logitech MX Master keyboard.  However this purchase has put the cost of my new PC up by £100 and I need to get into the PC to replace the dongle.

HP Recommended

what is the point of selling a Laptop Keyboard with a desktop PC? 

HP Recommended

While typing a email if you find that some keys are not functioning well you need to reset your email server. your email server should must be compatible with your android device. click here for information aol email on android unable to connect to server

we can be use one ip address with so many people but we cannot use a poor quality server for email which supports android . 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.