Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp 6305 Compaq Small Form Factor with AMD FM2 Processor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to update bios to accommodate an A10-6800k. I'm able to download the sp87071.exe from the HP site but after it installs some folders to the "swsetup" folder in my C: drive it does nothing else.  I know it's supposed to initialize a bios update program after it places those folders but I don't know how to get it to start. I would appreciate any help because I'm no expert with computers. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Go into the C:\SWSetup\sp87071 folder.

Open the HPQFlash folder.

Click on the HpqFlash application to update the BIOS in Windows.

To update the BIOS without being in Windows, open the DOS Flash folder.   I prefer this method.

Get a USB flash drive.  Format it with the FAT 32 file system.

Copy all of the files in the DOS flash folder to your USB flash drive.  Just the files, not the folder.

Restart the PC.

Immediately Press/Tap the ESC key to get the menu of options.

Select the F10 setup option and press the enter key.

Select the File tab>Flash system ROM command.

Select the USB flash drive.

The PC will see the files on the flash drive.

Follow the onscreen instructions to update the BIOS.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.