Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 3 (182 Views)

Change boot order

Product Name: Pavilion 23
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to change the boot order so that the BIOS polls the CD/DVD drive for a bootable disk and starting from there.

So the boot drive order should be:

CD/DVD

HDD

I've gone into BIOS and found the Boot Drive Order section. The first item listed there is Windows Boot Manager with choices for USB drive, network, and uefi drives listed after.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 3 (156 Views)

Re: Change boot order

Hi there @sourdoughjim,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums!  I understand that you are looking for help with changing the boot order on your computer.  I am happy to give you a hand with this.

Please see each of these documents as one or both should help with this issue: HP PCs - Configuring the Boot Order in the System BIOSHP PCs - Secure Boot (Windows 10).

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Top Student
Message 3 of 3 (154 Views)

Re: Change boot order

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately it appears that the cd/dvd built into the computer is broken and won't read any disc.  I guess I should have checked hardware first.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation