3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Changing an old Internal Hard Drive 1 TB SATA and installing a new one

HP Pavilion 500-336
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A Pavilion HP model 500-336  built in  2014  . I need to change a failing internal hard drive  1 TB SATA  and

I am not sure if I just take out the old and install the new one. Will I need to reinstall Windows 10  or any other info would be greatly appreciated. HELP!!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
114,591 104,769 16,536 25,372
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi:

Yes, you will need to reinstall W10 on the new hard drive.

You can do that for free by making a bootable W10 USB installation flash drive using the Media Creation Tool at the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If you are asked to enter a product key during the installation process, select the 'I don't have a product key' option, and W10 will install and automatically activate after you are connected to the internet.

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your PC's support page.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-500-Desktop-PC-series/6879020/model/712...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you so much Paul! I very much appreciate your rapid and insightful information.

God Bless, my Friend

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
114,591 104,769 16,536 25,372
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

You're very welcome.

God Bless you too!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation