cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
andi13
Level 2
10 6 2 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Compaq Presario CQ5222UK upgrade / replacement

HP Recommended
VN452AA#ABU Compaq Presario CQ5222UK
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Over the last ten years I have upgraded and replaced parts in my desktop and sadly when microsoft last updated my windows 10 a problem started where the PC would shut itself down at random times anywhere between 1 minute or 6 hours after it was turned on. I was under the assumption that it was the update causing the problem as I was able to turn the PC back on before the cooling fans had stopped spinning (thinking that showed it was not a over-heating problem), Microsoft helped with a system restore point before the problem and the PC still shuts down randomly. I am considering placing upgraded parts into a new case with new motherboard, cpu and memory and I am looking for advice to continue using my HDD with the current w10 OS, but am thinking the HP files on d:FACTORY_IMAGE may cause problems.

Any suggestions would be appreciated  to keep all my software registered on my C: drive without needing to re-install it all. Many moons ago I did have a PC running w95 and placing that drive in a different system, w95 was able to update itself and run on a different setup, but would this still be the case now we are onto w10 ?

HP Pavilion 590-p0053na AMD Ryzen 5 Desktop PC - 1 TB HDD & 128 GB SSD
Type Desktop PC
Operating system Windows 10 (64-bit)
Processor - AMD Ryzen 5 2400G Processor - Quad-core - 3.6 GHz / 3.8 GHz - 4 MB cache
RAM -8 GB DDR4
Storage - 128 GB SSD(boot drive) - 1 TB HDD (7200 rpm)(data drive)
Video connections - VGA x 1 (connected to 19" I-INC AH191D) - HDMI 1.4 x 1 (connected to 42" Panasonic TH-42PX80B
-DVD/RW - HP Pavilion 590-p0053na AMD Ryzen 5 Desktop PC
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
7,153 5,668 679 1,460
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

You will probably not like what I suggest.

Your PC is almost 10 years old.

I think you have run out of time running Windows 10. No HP support using Windows 10.

HP will probably retire your system very soon. The HP Support site for your PC is still active (Link), you can get Windows 7 drivers. Windows 7 is cooked in January 2020.

It may be time to replace your PC.

Regards

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
1 REPLY 1
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
7,153 5,668 679 1,460
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

You will probably not like what I suggest.

Your PC is almost 10 years old.

I think you have run out of time running Windows 10. No HP support using Windows 10.

HP will probably retire your system very soon. The HP Support site for your PC is still active (Link), you can get Windows 7 drivers. Windows 7 is cooked in January 2020.

It may be time to replace your PC.

Regards

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation