Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp 8200 elite
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. i am wondering if the motherboards in the HP Z220/Z230 are powered the same way that the Hp 8200 elite is. Can you use a power supply from the Z230 in the Hp 8200 elite for example? Very thankfun for answers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @SpikeTheBear.

Honestly, I can't be certain if all of the connectors are the same.  However, I know that HP often uses the same motherboards in many of their models that are similar.  I suggest that you review the Maintenance and Service Guide which is the same for each model.  There is a layout of the motherboards so you can compare the connectors on each of them.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@SpikeTheBear, welcome to the forum.

It will depend on the version of the 8200 Elite; Small Form Factor, Microtower or Convertible Minitower.  These have slightly different power requirements and Form Factors.  If you let me know which version your 8200 is, I will try to answer your question.

HP Recommended

It is a Hp compaq 8200 elite Small Form Factor(SFF) And the size of the PSU is not a problem. The connectors for the motherboard is what concerns me.

HP Recommended

It is a HP SFF (Small Form Factor) Do you know if the motherboard has the same connectors?

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @SpikeTheBear.

Honestly, I can't be certain if all of the connectors are the same.  However, I know that HP often uses the same motherboards in many of their models that are similar.  I suggest that you review the Maintenance and Service Guide which is the same for each model.  There is a layout of the motherboards so you can compare the connectors on each of them.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help and warm welcome to the forum!

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @SpikeTheBear.  We are here for you when you need us!

HP Recommended

For anyone having the same question. The connectors are not the same but can be rearranged to work with one another.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.