Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (102 Views)

Compatible GPU upgrade (gaming)

Product Name: HP Pavilion a6610t CTO
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

a compatible gpu upgrade for my (pci-e x16 1.1)   a card that is pretty good for gaming as i belive 2.0 and 2.1 cards are compatible but i dont know any that would fit my pc any help would be apprectiad oh nad my current gpu is the ATI READON HD 5450 1 GB DDR3 LOW PROFILE SAPHIRE

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (83 Views)

Re: Compatible GPU upgrade (gaming)

@Brent171, welcome to the forum.

The problem that you will have with upgrading the video card is two fold: 1) newer video cards require UEFI in the motherboard instead of a standard BIOS and yours has a standard BIOS and 2) your power supply unit (PSU) is only 250W.  Most newer cards require a minimum of 300W to operate properly.  The last cards not to require UEFI were the GTX 660/670 series.

Your best option is to choose a manufacturer and contact their Tech Support for help with choosing the best card for your system.  They will save you time and money.  The seller pays to ship the card to you, but you pay to return it if it doesn't work.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

HP Omen X; i7-6700K; 16 GB DDR4 2133; GTX 1070; 256 GB SSD M.2; Win 10 Home

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!