Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
p6307ru
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.

My computer, model p6307ru, is running on a MS-7613 motherboard.

From the factory, the computer was fitted with 2 RAM sticks, Kingston 2x2GB 2Rx8 PC3-10600U.

I recently bought 2x4GB RAM, Patriot PSD38G1333KH, which, in my opinion, respect the specifications from this page: https://support.hp.com/lt-en/document/c02014355

The problem is that after installing the new RAM kit, the computer keeps rebooting after 1-2 seconds. I tried every combination of mounting the new RAM, even reseting the BIOS, with no succes.

The point is, are there any specifically RAM kits (2x4GB) that will run for sure on this motherboard? So far, I was not able to find any clues on this matter on the Internet.

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@theasist 

The correct RAM can be found here.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer.

I checked the link you told about, but those Crucial RAM sticks don't entirely meet the requirements that HP put on the MS-7613 motherboard webpage:

Memory upgrade information:
  • Supports DDR3 DIMMs only
  • Dual channel memory architecture
  • Four DDR3 DIMM (240-pin) sockets
  • DIMM types:
    • PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333)
    • PC3-8500 (DDR3-1066)
  • Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
  • Supports up to 16 GB on 64-bit PCs
  • Maximum memory only if using 4GB DDR3 DIMM modules.

Of course, it might also be the case I don't fully understand how a RAM stick works.

Bottom case, I bought two RAM sticks from Kingston, the KVR1333D3N9/4G model, and they are running just perfect on my MS-7613 motherboard.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.