Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 590-p0030
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I’ve been looking to upgrade my ram but don’t understand what size dimms the motherboard supports. On the official Lincs motherboard website from HP it says it supports 4gb and 8gb dimms, then says a couple rows down it supports up too 32gb with 2x16. I need to know before I spend the extra money on 32gb

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Kyle_Mason 

I know where the confusion is, it is the following line

Supports up to 32 GB (with two 16 GB modules) and 16 GB (with two 8 GB modules) on 64-bit computers

As you can see on the Processor table, it supports from Celeron, Pentium ... to Core i7 Gen 9 therefore we can simply say motherboard  supports up to 32GB when it has Core processor installed only 16GB (2 x 8GB) on Celeron or Pentium machines.

In your case, machine has Intel Core i3 therefore you can upgrade RAM to 32GB (2 x 16GB).

Hope this makes sense.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Kyle_Mason 

I know where the confusion is, it is the following line

Supports up to 32 GB (with two 16 GB modules) and 16 GB (with two 8 GB modules) on 64-bit computers

As you can see on the Processor table, it supports from Celeron, Pentium ... to Core i7 Gen 9 therefore we can simply say motherboard  supports up to 32GB when it has Core processor installed only 16GB (2 x 8GB) on Celeron or Pentium machines.

In your case, machine has Intel Core i3 therefore you can upgrade RAM to 32GB (2 x 16GB).

Hope this makes sense.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.