Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming TG01-0011na Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all,

Just wanted to ask if there is extra ways/products to upgrade the cooling efficiency in my sons new Pavilion Gaming Desktop.

Im not looking to water cool or do any major changes to the desgin but wondered if there are any fan upgrades (for CPU, GPU or intake) that are known to work. He games a lot (Obviously) and athough there arent any serious issues I would like to keep the system as cool as possible especially in these hot months. The system has to be kept at floor level under a desk and cannot be placed anywhere else. Any help would be welcomed.

Specs:

• Intel® Core™ i5-9400F (2.9 GHz base frequency, up to 4.1 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 9 MB L3 cache, 6 cores)
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 Super™ (6 GB GDDR6 dedicated)
  • 8 GB memory; 256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD + 2 TB HDD storage
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@AdsG

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

To help you further with this, I would need the serial number of your Desktop.

Please private message us with that information.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@AdsG I went through the details, and I must let you know that HP does not recommend upgrades or hardware changes as the device is equipped with parts that perform at its optimal performance by design, although, the decision to upgrade will be at your own discretion.

That out of the way, here's what you can do, to reduce the load on the existing fan and we can make good use of what we already have 😉

The computer works harder and generates more heat when multiple applications are open at the same time or while playing graphically intense video games.

Use the following tips to improve computer efficiency.

• Change which applications run when Windows starts by using the Startup tab in Task Manager.

• Close applications when you are done using them.

• Close the Internet browser when you are not using it.

• Lower the game resolution and decrease the graphics settings if the computer becomes warmer than usual while playing.

If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

Remove the side panel and wait a few minutes to determine if the computer is too warm, which can cause the fans to work harder in order to decrease the internal temperature.

WARNING: 

The edges of metal panels can cut skin. Be careful not to slide skin along any interior metal edge of the computer.

1. Turn off the computer, and then unplug the power cable.

2. Remove any objects near the computer.

3. Loosen or remove the side panel screws, if necessary.

NOTE: 

Your computer side panel might be secured differently, but the location of the screws should be similar.

Example location of a screw on the desktop side panel

4. Slide the side panel back and away from the computer, and then set the panel aside.

WARNING: 

Do not touch any of the components inside the computer, even when the computer is off to avoid shocking yourself or damaging the computer.

5. Reconnect the power cable, turn on the computer, and then wait five to ten minutes

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.