SEGA_Genesis
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Core2 Extreme in a Compaq Pro 6000?

HP Recommended
HP Compaq Pro 6000 MicroTower
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Compaq Pro 6000 MicroTower with a Core2 Duo E8400, and I'm looking to upgrade the CPU.

I can only find HP's list of Product Specifications, but not a supported CPU list. The most powerful CPU on that page is a Core2 Quad Q9650, however I'd like to put a Core2 Extreme if it would work.

Does anyone know if the Core2 Extreme will work? I'll buy a Core2 Quad if that's the best I can do, but a Core2 Extreme is preferred due to my intended usage.

Thanks guys.

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,326 122,503 20,139 30,886
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the quickspecs for the model series.

http://static.highspeedbackbone.net/pdf/HP_Compaq_6000_Pro_Desktop_PC_QuickSpecs.pdf

The list of processors is what is supported (page 8), not just what was offered by HP.

I don't know of any other processors outside of that list that would work.

The problem is that the BIOS would probably not have the microcodes for processors outside of that list to work.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation