Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 - 11m-ap0013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

Hello, 

I brought the laptop over a year ago and recently it started cracking even though I hadn't dropped it. The laptop is unable to close properly without part of it sticking out which is quite inconvenient for safety reasons. Is this fairly easy or common to have fixed? Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@smbk -- I think that if you used the "search" function within this discussion forum, that you will find many threads regarding the X360 and broken hinges. Some contributors seem to have been told to look for a "private message" from a certified HP employee, regarding the possibility of an "out-of-warranty" repair.

HP Recommended

Hi@smbk,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are experiencing issues with the HP Pavilion X360 Notebook corner is getting cracked. It could be a hardware issue on the PC as there is no accidental damage. I apologize for the Inconvenience. 

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to contact our HP Support Engineers and should be able to sort this out. HP provides repair or service options for out of warranty products as well. Hence I encourage you to contact HP support for all warranty service options.

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options.

Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp 

For any hardware issue or repair please click on the link Phone Assist Worldwide

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.