Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EliteDesk 705 G1 desktop mini
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! My 705 G1 desktop mini went dead and so before replacing the motherboard, I took it to a repair shop to be investigated. WHen I got the system back, I received the wrong power supply!

After swapping the MB, I now get the red LED and 4 beeps.

I was able to get another HP power supply from them but it is a 65W unit. I have read though that the G1 took a 120W power supply.

What is the correct power supply wattage for an EliteDesk 705 G1 desktop mini?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

go back and reread the HP link it plainly states the  705 "G1" SFF uses a 65 watt supply and then goes on to list the wattage for the other variants such as Minitower

the other links show universal power supplies that cover the G1 SFF and later models G2/G7 the later models  use higher wattage , and both add's plainly state the the supply is a 120 watt unit suitable for "ALL" listed models from 65 watts to 120

have i now made it clear to you?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thank you, but those are precisely the links that confused me in the first place. Some say 65W, some say 120W....

Maybe I'm missing something in my frustration? 😉

I appreciate the effort though!

HP Recommended

go back and reread the HP link it plainly states the  705 "G1" SFF uses a 65 watt supply and then goes on to list the wattage for the other variants such as Minitower

the other links show universal power supplies that cover the G1 SFF and later models G2/G7 the later models  use higher wattage , and both add's plainly state the the supply is a 120 watt unit suitable for "ALL" listed models from 65 watts to 120

have i now made it clear to you?

HP Recommended

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.