Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power Desktop 580-105nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to install  a Crucial ssd NVMe  M.2 CT500P5SSD8   (500GB)

After installing and executing Acronis True Image software, the cloning stops with error after half an hour (my hard disk size is 1TB, 300GB in use).

It seems to be this situation:

[content removed]

Now I dont' know what to do.

Can you help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@paolo8

Welcome to HP Support Community

I suggest you contact HP Support in your region for Recovery Media

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

This is my situation (italian Language):

"La clonazione non riesce e si interrompe quasi al termine dell’operazione.

La clonazione con Acronis True Image è solitamente un modo semplice e veloce per migrare i dati copiati da un’unità all'altra. Tuttavia, alcuni sistemi OEM hanno partizioni bloccate che non consentono la clonazione. Spesso, queste sono le partizioni di “Recupero” o “Ripristino” che si trovano alla fine di un disco. Poiché queste partizioni si trovano normalmente sull'ultima porzione dell’unità, la clonazione può bloccarsi all'80-95% causando un guasto generico. Se ciò accade è possibile provare un paio di opzioni per risolvere il problema.

La prima opzione consiste nel creare un supporto di ripristino avviabile Acronis, che può avviare il sistema al di fuori di Windows e consentire ad Acronis di clonare la partizione bloccata. Se questo non funziona, il passo successivo potrebbe essere la rimozione della partizione bloccata.

Consigliamo di fare riferimento al produttore del proprio sistema per le corrette istruzioni su come rimuovere le partizioni bloccate. Su alcuni sistemi sono installati programmi specifici del produttore, come “HP Recovery Manager”, che consentono di modificare o rimuovere in modo sicuro le partizioni di “Recupero” o “Ripristino”. Esistono anche strumenti di gestione delle partizioni di terze parti con cui è possibile rimuovere queste partizioni. Si noti che la rimozione di una qualsiasi partizione viene effettuata a proprio rischio e può comportare l’impossibilità di avviare l’unità originale."

I have created a bootable Acronis USB key, and started from there., but when launching cloning it says:

"Unable to lock the disk. Boot your computer from a Linux based bootable media and then try again"

but I don't have a Linux based bootable media.

What can I do with NO RISK?

HP Recommended

Here is the translation of what happens:

"Cloning fails and stops almost at the end of the operation.

Cloning with Acronis True Image is usually a quick and easy way to migrate copied data from one drive to another. However, some OEM systems have locked partitions that do not allow cloning. Often, these are the “Recovery” or “Recovery” partitions found at the end of a disk. Since these partitions are normally located on the last portion of the drive, cloning can stop at 80-95% causing a general failure. If this happens you can try a couple of options to fix the problem.

The first option is to create Acronis bootable rescue media, which can boot the system outside of Windows and allow Acronis to clone the locked partition. If that doesn't work, the next step could be removing the locked partition.

We recommend that you refer to your system manufacturer for correct instructions on how to remove locked partitions. Some systems have manufacturer specific programs installed, such as "HP Recovery Manager", which allow you to safely change or remove "Recovery" or "Recovery" partitions. There are also third-party partition management tools with which you can remove these partitions. Note that removing any partition is done at your own risk and may make it impossible to boot the original drive."

I have already tryed to boot the system with an Acronis Bootable Rescue key, with same results.

Now should I proceed to remove my 😧 (Recovery) partition ?

Doing that, do I loose the possibility of recoverying the PC?

HP Recommended

@paolo8

Welcome to HP Support Community

I suggest you contact HP Support in your region for Recovery Media

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.