Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi

I have had a HP ENVY Phoenix BIO Model 810-003a for about a week.  The disc drive BD-RE BH40N successfully burned a double layer data disk but will not recognize it when it is re-inserted.  The disc is recognized by the drive in my laptop Acer Aspire 5820TG.  I cannot find help in other places so I am hoping someone on this forum may be able to assist.

TrevorM 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Does the drive recognize a commerically made  DVD or BluRay?  I could be the drive has failed but try this UPDATE before giving up.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks for your reply.  The drive recognizes and plays back commercial video and data discs.  I applied the update but unfortunately this did not help.  The disc drive can be heard trying to read the disc.  Perhaps I did someting wrong when I burned the disc.

I appreciate your help.

TrevorM

HP Recommended

When "The disc is recognized by the drive in my laptop Acer" does it actually play in the Acer?

Some drives can be picky about the media but I would think if it was burned by the drive it should be read by the drive.  I would try different media, however.  Just for testing, try single layer DVD's and Verbatim ( not the Life Series ) are considered by many to be the best in media choices for single and D/L DVD's and BluRay, too.  Also try some different  siftware to aythor and burn the disks.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Hi

Yes, the disc does play in the Acer laptop.  I thought too that if it was burned on a drive and played on another drive then it should play on the "mother drive".  I used a TDK disc and I do favour Verbatim if I can get them.  Dual layer discs seem to be getting scarce.  I can burn single layer discs on the HP.  The dual layer burn was really an exercise to see if it would work on my new toy as I had been unable to burn them on the laptop.  Go figure!

Thanks again - I think we can call the case closed.

TrevorM

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.