Gio_79
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Desktop Omen RAM replacement speed Issue

HP Recommended
Desktop Omen 880 160nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,  I'm having some problems with my system's ram upgrade. Today i have installed 4 ram banks on my motherboard, which is an hp z370, to replace 2 banks of 8 gb ram. The new ram i have installed has 2666 Mhz, right as the previous ram was installed.  When i opened cpuz, though, the speed was downclocked at 2400 Mhz. Why i had this ram downgrade? I'd like to know if there is a method to run my new ram at 2666 Mhz, which is the speed fully supported by the motherboard i have. Omen Command Center does not provide a tab to improve ram speed, except for Cpu. The previous ram was a DDR4 Hyperx Fury at 2666 MHz, while the current ram i want to use is theDDR4 Predator Hyperx at 2666 Mhz. The Cpu is a 8700K, so i guess it should use memory XMP profiles. Thank you for your replies.

1 REPLY 1
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
24,975 24,626 2,874 10,646
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Gio_79 , welcome to the forum.

I have seen this situation in a previous thread.  The member stated that the problem was the XMP profile in the BIOS/UEFI didn't match the new memory that was installed.  The solution to the problem was buy the exact memory from HP.  Once this memory was installed the speed was correct.  Since your new memory is Predator HyperX this may be the problem.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation