Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 6300 Pro MT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So like, i try to add additional 4*2 Gb ram to my DIMM slot 3 and 4, DIMM slot 2 already has 8 GB ram, im trying to take it to 16 gb, im not using DIMM slot 1 as its broken. If i add the ram to slot 3 and 4, the display dosent show, pc beeps 5 times and the fans go crazy fast, any solution to why this has happened and how i can fix this?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@MonocledTree -- DIMM slot 1 ... broken

Are the 4 DIMM sockets the same colour? 

Or, are #1 and #2 the same colour, but a different colour than #3 and #4 ?

Or, are #2 and #4 the same colour?

I would try adding RAM only into #4, to see if your computer POSTs (Power On Self Test) successfully.

[If the POST does not complete, your fan will run at 100% speed, and 100% noise.]

HP Recommended

The #2 and #4 are the same colour, ill try adding RAM only in #4 

Edit: It does not post, fans spin at 100% speed

HP Recommended

@MonocledTree --  It does not post, fans spin at 100% speed

The latter (100% speed) is part of the POST process.

Your only solution is a different motherboard. Maybe, one from HP:  http://PartSurfer.com

or Amazon or eBay ??

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.