Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

For upgrades and parts information, are the HP Slim Desktop S01-aF0000 and HP Slim Desktop S01-aF2000i the same thing? I found an Interactive Part Locator manual for the aF0000 and it's at least showing me pictures of the parts that go in it. It's also showing me a picture of the hard drive and it's the exact model of hard drive from my old PC, which is a 3.5 inch SATA drive. I'd love to know if I can open up the PC and just install the hard drive.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

hi

https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-slim-desktop-pc-s01-af0000a/37914271

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-slim-desktop-pc-s01-af2000i/2101020157/product-info

Compare the different models here
For some items, such as a hdd hard drive, provided you have the required connectors, and location
that's not so much of a problem..
On the other hand, you can compare motherboards
depending on the model, and the series it will be different, and it would not be possible to use an element of one for the other, such as a processor for example!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

hi

https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-slim-desktop-pc-s01-af0000a/37914271

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-slim-desktop-pc-s01-af2000i/2101020157/product-info

Compare the different models here
For some items, such as a hdd hard drive, provided you have the required connectors, and location
that's not so much of a problem..
On the other hand, you can compare motherboards
depending on the model, and the series it will be different, and it would not be possible to use an element of one for the other, such as a processor for example!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Wow, that's as legally safe an answer as I've read in a while. I'm guessing there will be a sata cable connection and extra power connector in the case. Is that a safe guess? I'd like to upgrade the memory as well and get the feeling the only way I can do that is to take out the memory that's in there and take a picture. Pretty sad that's what it has to come to for an off-the-shelf consumer item that there's so little information.

HP Recommended

Forgive me for the response time
For the cables, then, not exactly, depending on the models, you could not have either of the two
Some models will only have the sata power cable
In general there will be no sata data cable, memory, this only happens on some models!
So in any case, you have to open to check!
for the memory upgrade, you can check what is factory installed from the product page , , and what is supported by the motherboard!
There may however be errors, hp may have installed another type of memory than what is mentioned
you can however try the crucial scan, and this type of software:

Welcome to Crucial USA

CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUID

and this :

https://www.easytutorial.com/maximum-ram-pc.html

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

My model has no product page and the product page for the generic model it's supposed to be based on doesn't include data like what kind of memory it has. I shouldn't have to download some iffy piece of software to find out this information. Am I supposed to go to the HP page to order parts? Is that the deal? I've seen their prices.

HP Recommended

There is no "iffy piece of software  " here, otherwise I wouldn't suggest it!
if you indicate what your model is?

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Here's a link to a video that shows you how to open the case and do upgrades. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHl7BIuH1NU. It's an aF0000 in the video but seems to be just like my aF2000i. What I really am needing is the models of blu-ray internal burner drive that work with this PC.

HP Recommended

I seem to have read that you asked the question about this, you did not have a useful answer?
you do not tell me the exact model of the computer, but with the series, we must be able to achieve something
so for aF0000 series
you can try in hp parts  list

https://partsurfer.hp.com/partsurfer?searchtext=S01-aF0000

problem, I don't know if there is a model that is sold with a blu-ray player
so if not the case, more difficult to have a reference, but you could look for a similar model, slim type
then, if you see well in the parts lists, you will certainly need additional connectors, and maybe other parts, such as a drive cover on the front

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Okay. The partsurfer page helps. This is my computer. https://partsurfer.hp.com/partsurfer?searchtext=318K1AA&searchby=product

It at least gives me the type of memory that's in it. No info on a blu-ray writer drive that I can get for it but it's something.

HP Recommended

You have to try to find other models, provided that a blu-ray player is installed there.
I did not have enough time to search, and a google search did not give me an answer on a possible equipped model!
have you tried contacting the hp store?

I am sincerely sorry, sometimes the research goes quite quickly, but there I did not obtain any concrete result.

but from what you tell me, if this product number your computer would be:

HP Slim Desktop S01-aF2003w PC Product Specifications 

4 GB DDR4-2400 MHz RAM (1 x 4 GB)

Intel® Celeron® J4025 (2.0 GHz base frequency, up to 2.9 GHz, 4 MB L2 cache, 2 cores, 2 threads)

• Dual channel memory architecture
  • One DDR4 SODIMM (260-pin) socket (one in reserve)
  • Supports up to PC4-19200 (DDR4-2400)
  • Supports 4 GB and 8 GB DDR4 SODIMMs
  • Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems
    note:
    32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
  • Supports up to 8 GB (unbuffered)

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.