Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been looking over upgrading my whole computer. It gets more complicated when they change names or types of things. A HD used to be an HD, looking at an Omen that has memory of WD Black 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD (more or Less) Is there a big difference between this and sata?  Also why does not any of the HP's come with DVD writers anymore, except one inexpensive one. I am assuming though I can take my two out and put them in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th empty slot? Thanks Bruce

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

HDD is an old technology...

SSD PCIe NVME is the newer technology....

Of course they are different... But, their function is still the same,, as a storage device... Their different comes in different shape, different port, and different speed...

DVD or CD is rarely use anymore... So,, the expensive ones often doesnt have this feature... I think because the expensive ones laptop need to be as slim as possible... And we are moving to USB-C era,, so USB port is more usable than DVD/CD....

Sent from OMEN 15 en-0013ax
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.