Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop PC TP01-2000a (2Z6C9AV)
Linux

I want to disable the action keys as I have more usage of the F1-F12 keys and using the Fn key everytime is a lot of bother. I don't see an option in the BIOS as usual. I also don't see an FN-LK key on my keyboard. How can I flip the Fn keys back to function keys?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@flez , welcome to the Community.

The engineers made the decision for us.  They determined that the F keys should be for Multimedia tasks and to use the F1-12 we have to use the FN key.  You may be able to find a third-party app that will allow you to change it.

Please click the "Yes" button if my reply was helpful and "Accept as Solution" if your problem is Solved!!

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@flez , welcome to the Community.

The engineers made the decision for us.  They determined that the F keys should be for Multimedia tasks and to use the F1-12 we have to use the FN key.  You may be able to find a third-party app that will allow you to change it.

Please click the "Yes" button if my reply was helpful and "Accept as Solution" if your problem is Solved!!

HP Recommended

It's really hard to use emacs with 3 or 4 fingers and the same time! 😞

HP Recommended

@flez, I feel your pain!  You may want to buy a gaming keyboard!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.