Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 880-100 Desktop PC series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear HP,

I recently bought your top-of-the-line gaming PC HP OMEN 800-001no.  Imagine my suprise when I discovered that the red lights shining everywhere can not been turned off through the OMEN Command Center!

In this forum post I read that they can be disconnected:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/How-Can-I-Turn-Off-The-Lights-of-the-O...

Can you please provide me with a schematic showing me which cables need to be disconnected?

I have the necessary experience required to do it, I just need the schematic.

Best regards,

Erik

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@ErikZ

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand you want to turn off the HP Omen 880 LED Lights,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you happen to check the settings under lightning mode using the Command Center?

Have you checked the HP Support site for details?

(Click here to check the support site for assistance, if you haven't already)

While you check that out, here's what you need to know:

(Although, Quite frankly I'm not sure you would like to turn off those lights as it's one of the main attractions, I'll be glad to help)

To turn off the OMEN LED lights, select the Off lighting mode.

Figure : Lighting type off

Lighting type off

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

There is  no menu option for lightning in the Command Center!

Please read the HP Support Forum article I  posted a link to above you will see that a HP representative confirms that the lights on the 880 series can not be disabled or changed in the command center, it must be done by disconnecting the wiires.

So I repeat my request; can you please send me the schematic so that I ccan easily find these power connectors?

HP Recommended

Hello, coming in here to say  I also don't have that "lighting" option n my omen command center and I have one of the latest desktops as well. 880-160se.

HP Recommended

@ErikZ

Thank you for responding,

Your concern has been escalated to the R&D team

I'm awaiting their response as the solution needs to be validated by them before I could have it sent out,

To ensure I'm providing a complete fix, I may have to request you to wait for a TAT of 72hrs while I reach out to them.

And I shall keep you updated about the same.

In the meantime, please be patient as patience is a virtue 😉

As we do not recommend disconnecting the cables as such.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you,  

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" button for my efforts to help you.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there mate i solved this issue on my HP Omen 880-152nd Desktop PC (basicly all 880 desktop PC are of the same lay-out and family in terms of visuals ) .

So heres what you want to do :  First of all you have 3 LED lights in total on the PC 2 at the bottom and 1 in the middle of the PC on the front . The bottom ones are V shaped next to each other and the top one is basicly the Omen logo  . 

So to shut down the bottom LED lights open up youre case (make sure you dont have any static in youre hands this can break fital PC components like youre videocard or CPU even )  .

Tap the side of the PC once in a while to make sure static leaves the body .

So now you see a heck of alot of cables dont worry right next to the video card you see 2 red cables ( V- light 1 and 2 ) there called these are the v-lights simply unplugg the cables and there you go done .

Now for the top one the Omen Logo LED light (which i myself found the most annoying of all because its bright red and i was distracted by it as i place my PC next to the monitor ) You have to go a bit up so next to the clock coin thingy you see  2 black cables the left one is called LED 1 leave the other cable as it is simply unplugg the cable put the case back on and turn the PC on again there you go ! . 

Now for me i only turned off the top LED light but you can turn off all lights by simply unplugging all cables or just the cables you want its youre choice . 

If you have any questions just send me a message i am more then happy to help you out . 

Cheers - Kobitje ! 

HP Recommended

Hi,

I faced the same issue, and the lack of information online is really curious. I really wish it'd be posible to enable or disable in the Omen Command Center - but it isn't.

If your model is 880-001no, here's your motherboard:

https://support.hp.com/rs-en/document/c05521044

In the motherboard diagram you'll see the connectors labelled as "V Lights 1&2", those are the ones for the front panel V shaped area.

Then you'll see the one named "Voodoo 1 connector", that's the Omen logo.

Also, for the internal leds, you'll see the connectors "Light 1 Connector" and "Light 2 Connector".

Just turn the system off and carefully unplug those you don't need.

My system is a 880-133ns, which has a different motherboard, but has the same connectors in slightly different places. I did the equivalent and I'm glad I removed the annoying red lights that made my room look quite sinister in the darkness 😄

HP, lightning can be cool, but allow the user to choose if they want it on or off, please.

Cheers,

Antonio

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.