05-21-2010 05:33 PM
When I boot my Pavillion M7470n is says: "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER"
Of course, that doesn't help in the slightest because the hard drive is not even recocnized in the BIOS. Under the boot menu it says: "HDD GROUP BOOT PRIORITY [NOT INSTALLED]"
- First, I tested my Hard Drive in an external enclosure to make sure it worked, which it did.
- Then I tried another hard drive just in case.
- I replaced the SATA cable.
- Then attempted a BIOS reset by
- Unplug power cord
- Remove CMOS battery
- Hold power button for 10 seconds
- Move jumper 1-2 from "jcmos1" to 2-3 and let it sit for 5 minutes
- put it all back and restart.
The hard drive does get power as it spin ups upon startup, but it's not recognized. At this point, I'm so confused. Does anybody have a clue as to what could be happening?
05-22-2010 07:37 PM - edited 05-23-2010 06:47 PM
Changing the bios from ACHI to IDE will only work if your operating system was installed in IDE mode. This works the same way for IDE to ACHI mode.
05-23-2010 02:13 PM
Maybe there's a firmware update for your drive that may help. You can apply the update while it's installed in an external enclosure or as a slave drive. ( I believe you said the drive is recognized when installed in an external enclosure )