Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 280 G5 Small Form Factor PC (8NB76AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Kindly help me upgrade the RAM and SSD.

What type of RAM/SSD should i use to upgrade my PC ?

Also does upgrading myself with the proper RAM/SSD affect my warranty ? 

My Configuration is Core i3 10th Gen Processor, 4 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, Windows 10 64 bit OS, Wifi & Bluetooth in-built.

Now i feel i wanna add a 8 GB RAM and a 256 GB SSD as an Upgrade to my PC. Kindly help me with this.

Also I wanted to Partition my Hard Disk Because there is one Whole Drive i want that to partition it as 4 Drives.

Do, help me fix that too. 

Thank You.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@VA_PC 

Specs of the series:

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06643459#AbT2

You can see many options/combinations.

>>>> Also does upgrading myself with the proper RAM/SSD affect my warranty ? 

Warranty is a grey/gray area very hard to say in concrete. For new generation machines, adding something or fixing something is a work for Authorized Service Provider parts . You can add yourself. If something went wrong due to this upgrade, I think HP would not honor warranty.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@VA_PC , welcome to the Community.

Here is the Maintenance and Service Guide for the computer. On Page 5, Computer major components, it shows a list of compatible SSD drives and the correct memory and sizes that would be compatible.  As stated by @banhien,  you should be fine upgrading if you do no harm to other components.  Just be extremely cautious and use an anti-static wrist band when removing and adding the components.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.