cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Does my desktop computer support streaming download speeds of 100 mps, or do I need an upgrade?

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 20-b010
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Need to know if my desktop fully supports internet download speeds of 100 mps (wireless) or

whether I need a hardware/software upgrade before switching to a streaming service.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
2,177 2,151 210 914
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello
hard to say

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-20-All-in-One-Desktop-PC-series/5295901/model/52967...
If this is your model, it is mentioned:

• Data transfer speeds: up to 150 Mbps
  • Transmission standards: 802.11 b/g/n

But it is indicated for the Maximum!
Then, it may depend on your internet box!
Why this question ?

Prométhée  , Expert volontaire :Forum Fr 17-10-2009 :

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have installed new Spectrum internet modem Hitron Technologies DOCSIS 3.1 eMTA and separate Spectrum router to support

internet speeds up to 200 mps, but having problems downloading video content from streaming services (Netflix, Hulu, YouTube etc.).   Need to know if I need to upgrade hardware or software on my 8-year-old HP Pavilion 20 All-In-One PC

20-b010 in order to fix transmission issues.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
2,177 2,151 210 914
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hello you indicate:
but having problems downloading video content from streaming services (Netflix, Hulu, YouTube etc.)
These are sites for watching streaming videos, sometimes you can download videos!
So is this watching the video directly, or is it downloading your problem?
You say you have a good connection, right?
internet speeds up to 200 mps
I don't have a very good connection at home, but it allows me to watch videos well, I haven't tried downloading.
Sorry, I don't quite understand what exactly your problem is, I wouldn't want to make you buy something, if it doesn't come from there!

Prométhée  , Expert volontaire :Forum Fr 17-10-2009 :

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation