Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen by Obelisk 875
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Specifically, the i9-9900. Not the 9900k, I mean the normal, locked, non-k, 9900.

Also, does Edoras support something similar to q-flash, allowing you to update from a USB stick?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@andyboy123 , welcome to the Community.

What is the Product Number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. You can find the Product Number at the bottom of the page when you open HP Support Assistant.  I will help you further when I have this information.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

hi

motherboard specifications, Edoras

Processor upgrade information

• TDP: up to 65 W
  • Socket type: LGA1151
Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
Processor
TDP
Intel Core i9-9900 3.1 GHz Base frequency, 5 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 16 MB cache, Octa core (Coffee Lake-R)
65 W
Intel Core i7-9700 3 GHz Base frequency, 4.7 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 12 MB cache, Octa core (Coffee Lake-R)
65 W
Intel Core i7-9700F 3 GHz Base frequency, 4.7 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 12 MB cache, Octa core (Coffee Lake-R)
65 W
Intel Core i5-9400 2.9 GHz Base frequency, 4.1 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 9 MB cache, Hexa core (Coffee Lake-R)
65 W
Intel Core i5-9400F 2.9 GHz Base frequency, 4.1 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 9 MB cache, Hexa core (Coffee Lake-R)
65 W
Intel Core i3-9100 3.6 GHz Base frequency, 4.2 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 6 MB cache, Quad core (Coffee Lake-R)
65 W
Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz Base frequency, 4.6 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 12 MB cache, Hexa core (Coffee Lake-S)
65 W
Intel Core i7+ 8700 3.2 GHz Base frequency, 4.6 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 12 MB cache, Hexa core (Coffee Lake-S)
65 W
Intel Core i5+ 8400 2.8 GHz Base frequency, 4.0 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 9 MB cache, Hexa core (Coffee Lake-S)
65 W
Intel Core i5-8400 2.8 GHz Base frequency, 4.0 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 9 MB cache, Hexa core (Coffee Lake-S)
65 W
Intel Core i3-8100 3.6 GHz Base frequency, 6 MB cache, Quad core (Coffee Lake-S)
65 W

If it is the motherboard in question
HP name: Edoras
SSID: 84FD

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/omen-by-hp-obelisk-desktop-pc-875-0000a/2...

1. Download the file by clicking the Download or Obtain Software button and saving the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where the downloaded file is saved).
2. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.

in general the update is done under windows
but to do only if no choice, sometimes things go wrong and the computer becomes unusable

Updating the BIOS (Basic Input Output System)

Sometimes it is possible to do it from a usb key, but not always

Selecting Update in HP BIOS Update and Recovery
--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks, I will be able to put the CPU in the mobo either tomorrow or the day after. Will update you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.