Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 590-P0008NS
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I wanted to know if the motherboard of my HP Sunflower 8433 PC is compatible with the ryzen 5 1600 AF processor since it does not come in the list of compatible processors, but it is a processor practically the same as the ryzen 5 2600.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

hi

HP Pavilion 595-p0008ns Product Specifications

AMD Ryzen™ 5 2400G (3.6 GHz base frequency, up to 3.8 GHz burst frequency, 4 MB cache, 4 cores)

motherboard specifications, Sunflower

• TDP: up to 65 W
  • Socket type: AM4
  • Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
    Processor
    TDP
    AMD Ryzen7-2700 (Pinnacle Ridge) 8 cores/16 threads
    65 W
    AMD Ryzen5-2600 (Pinnacle Ridge) 6 cores/12 threads
    65 W
    AMD Ryzen7-1700 (Summit Ridge) 3.0 GHz, 8 cores/16 threads
    65 W
    AMD Ryzen5-1600 (Summit Ridge) 3.2 GHz, 6 cores/12 threads
    65 W
    AMD Ryzen5-2400G (Raven Ridge) 3.6 GHz, 4 cores/8 threads
    45 - 65 W
    AMD Ryzen3-2200G (Raven Ridge) 3.5 GHz, 4 cores/4 threads
    45 - 65 W
    AMD AMD A12-9800 APU (Bristol Ridge) 3.8 GHz, 4 cores
    65 W
    AMD AMD A10-9700 APU (Bristol Ridge) 3.5 GHz, 4 cores
    65 W
    AMD AMD A8-9600 APU (Bristol Ridge) 3.1 GHz, 4 cores
    65 W

I haven't checked but
if there is not in the list, you just have a chance if it is the same TDP same architecture ..
But it's likely not to work
You can try a better performing one which is in the list instead!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

What happens is that I bought a graphics card and there is a person interested in changing my ryzen 5 2400G for his ryzen 5 1600 AF.
So I was interested in knowing the compatibility of this particular processor.

Anyway thank you very much.

HP Recommended

possibly, if you can ask to do the test simply, and if it does not work let the swap go!

you looked for the differences ..
checked the comparative performance of the models?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Unfortunately I cannot do the test since the change is remote (we have to send the processors).

The 1600 AF has two more cores than the 2400G and it is 12nm Zen + architecture that gives more performance than the 14nm Zen of the 2400g.

In some forums I have read that the 1600AF is compatible with all motherboards that support the ryzen 5 2600, but being my motherboard from HP I do not trust 100%. 

Thanks anyway

HP Recommended

it's boring, so I can't tell you to take the risk ..
It's up to you to see, if that doesn't work, you will be blocked, unless the other is not satisfied either, and you redo the swap!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.