Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L GT13-1094
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm wanting to add an NVMe SSD to my Omen 30L GT13-1094 (AMD 5800x). Does the m.2 slot directly below the CPU support the faster gen 4 NVMe cards? I'm assuming the second m.2 (beneath the GPU) is gen 3.

Specs say the motherboard is a B550 so I'm assuming there's at least one gen 4 m.2, but I can't find this confirmed anywhere. There's no detailed description or diagram of this MB's slots.

Any help would be much appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@JoshfromHolland 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c07119936

Its Hana motherboard has

• Form factor: Micro ATX: 24.0 x 24.0 cm (9.45 x 9.45 in)
  • Chipset: B550
  • Memory sockets: 4 x DDR4 (288-pin)
  • Processor socket: AM4
  • Expansion Slots:
    • One PCI Express 4.0 x16 lanes
    • One PCI Express 3.0 x1 lanes
    • One M.2 socket 1, key A
    • Two M.2 sockets 3, key M (one for SSD card PCIe x4 Gen 3)
  • For more details, see Hana motherboard specifications.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks, but I already know this. I want to know details about :

"Two M.2 sockets 3, key M (one for SSD card PCIe x4 Gen 3)"

Specifically, does one of those M.2 sockets provide PCIe x4 Gen 4?

HP Recommended

Did you ever get an answer for this, I have the same PC and am looking to install a second NVMe SSD and can't find out where the port is ... I want to know what I am doing before I start taking things apart 

Is there a picture of this motherboard pointing out where the slots are?? 

HP Recommended

Pretty sure SSD2 is just a Gen 3 slot, nothing specified anywhere else that I could find.  Also the box is misleading saying there are 3 M.2 slots, which there are, but one being filled I originally assumed I would have two more slots available to ues for storage.  Nope.  One of the slots is a socket 1 for the wireless/bluetooth combo card installed.  Thought I would post a pic of the motherboard with the graphics card removed.  The second available M.2 slot is hidden under a black plastic cover marked SSD2.  I could not use the cover over the top of the drive that I installed as it was too wide, so I am assuming the cover is to be discarded when you install a new drive in its slot.  Hope that helps.  Also if anyone is struggling with the side cover removal, there is a large square button on the back side near the top that you push in, and the top of the side cover pulls away from the case and pull up.  Took me a hot second to figure that one out.  Seems like a nice toolless feature.  Good luck.

20210807_165134.jpg20210807_165124.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.