Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi all,

I have an old HP compaq 8100 elite convertible mini tower with a damaged motherboard.

The model number for the direct replacement motherboard is 531990-001.

My question is as per the thread title; does this motherboard support hardware enforced data execution prevention?

I cannot find an answer to this online, the information I could find on hp's site just says some models of the 8100 elite do, some don't, I called the hp support line without getting a clear answer.

If this motherboard does not support DEP, can anybody advise me as to an early/inexpensive hp motherboard that does support DEP and is also compatible with the components (ram mainly, I suppose, (which I think is PC3-10600 DDR3-1333)).

Thanks for any help, it is appreciated. This computer is old but still serves a very valuable function so it would be great to solve this so it can carry on!

All the best

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

your question has nothing to do with the motherboard "data execution prevention" is a feature of the AMD and intel cpu'salong with the Microsoft OS (and other operating systems) and is supported on all current and most recently made AMD/intel cpu's which does include the intel cpu series i3/i5/i7 cpu's that your motherboard supports

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/875352/a-detailed-description-of-the-data-execution-prevent...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

your question has nothing to do with the motherboard "data execution prevention" is a feature of the AMD and intel cpu'salong with the Microsoft OS (and other operating systems) and is supported on all current and most recently made AMD/intel cpu's which does include the intel cpu series i3/i5/i7 cpu's that your motherboard supports

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/875352/a-detailed-description-of-the-data-execution-prevent...

HP Recommended

Thanks for clearing that up for me, I appreciate it. I have the link saved and will read it in the morning with a clear head.

All the best!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.