cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Alopolis
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Drivers

HP Recommended
p7-1210
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been searching for days to try and find a driver for my built in web cam. I have DONE EVERYTHING that has been suggested other than system restore. At this point I'd rather go out and purchase another CPU or webcam if no one can recommend a solution. HP says that they don't have a driver for Windows 10. Any suggestions would be so appreciated, thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,506 9,149 2,950 11,185
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Alopolis , welcome to the Community.

What is the make and model of your webcam?  This would help us determine if a driver is available.  I know that your computer is 10 years old.  HP would definitely not have Win 10 software or driver updates for it.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Alopolis
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It's built in.  I don't know if this helps but the serial number is  [Personal Information Removed] and the product # is QW691AA.  The camera didn't stop working until I loaded windows 10. Thank you..

old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,506 9,149 2,950 11,185
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Alopolis!

Is the camera built-in to a monitor or the tower?  I wasn't aware that HP had ever installed a camera in their desktop computers.

I checked the Software and Drivers page for the computer for a camera driver for Win 7 and Win 8.  They didn't even furnish a driver for it with these OS'es.

The only suggestion that I can offer is run Windows Update and HP Support Assistant to see if they find a driver.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Prométhée
Level 16
9,645 9,503 975 3,394
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi
so there it would be a scoop @old_geekster 
a tower computer, no integrated webcam!

HP Pavilion p7-1210 Desktop PC Product Specifications

all that is possible, it is as you indicate integrated in the monitor , in this case, it is the model of this one , that it will be necessary to give @Alopolis 
Either as I had had, with my Hp in 2009, a free webcam but it was simply a USB camera

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

was this reply helpful , or just say "thank you " ? Click on the yes button 
Desktop-Knowledge-Base

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation